Had a clay shoot this morning but when i got back i went out to the shop since it feels pretty damn good outside. Got the front somewhat done. Have some bracing to do but the hard part is over. I‘ll cap the tube and more than likely gonna run an aluminum or real thin sheet metal hood. Put some shocks in place just to see what each set would look like.
Had a couple hours of time today to work on the crawler. Never really got to where I liked the front tube work. So redid it this morning and like it way better now. Got to come up with a way I’m gonna mount the winch now. Also mounted my steering pump with the new ZOR mount I had to get with the new motor. Like this may a lot more than the LROR one I had before.
Got the rear done this afternoon other than some bracing. Really liking the way it’s turning out so far. It’s 14” to the bottom of the subframe, it’s not gonna be much taller than this. I don’t mine dragging the subframe over everything so I can have a real low COG. Gonna start getting the trans cool, propane bottle, cooler and suck down winch mounted then it should be done.
Been working on it here and there. Picked up another set of axles because they have 5.29’s in them and was supposed to have longfields in them. The rear has a disc brake conversion done to it. Really wasnt to worried about the axle shafts as much as i was the 5.29’s. Pulled them apart and of course they have stock shafts. Pulled my axles apart that i already had so i could swap out the thirds. But the 5.29 thirds were welded and the 4.10 thirds i already had came with a lock right locker and a spool. So kinda happy about that. So ill swap my 5.29‘s onto the spool and locker. Still debating on just going ahead and going rear steer or just leave a drag axle. Need to make up my mind before I order my TG housings.