Thread: Scout buggy build

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Scout buggy build

Figured this section needed something in it. so i will start a build thread in here for Ryans scout. It is about halfway finished right now. Started out as a turd that Ryan ( bunker buster) brought home for his old lady. He realized he didn't hate her that much so decided to modify it to make it a little more capable and a hell of a lot safer. They would have been lucky to make it through one day of wheelin with the condition it was in. The front spring hangers were cracked on 3 sides, u-bolts were loose, shafts were busted or twisted, wheel bearings were gone on one side, etc,etc. It was supposed to be a quick build but we kept finding more issues that needed work and adding more ourselves just cuz we felt like it. Then to make it even better we decided it needed front and rear fenders, hood, grill, tailgate, and all that crap. Of course we had to dovetail it front and rear as well as narrow the entire rig by over 6" per side. The pics will show the front with the fenders mocked up. The front axle was pushed forward 5" and is still on leaf springs. The rear is a one link with 14" coil-overs. Ok that should pretty much have it caught up. On to the pics.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    The front of the fenders come in at a whopping 32" wide to the outside of the fender at the very front. Oh almost forgot it also has to be street worthy. I hope to have the radiator mounted this weekend and start mounting the front fenders. Then the surgery can begin on the rear fenders and tailgate. That is where i get to hate life. A lot of cutting to be done to piece it all together clean. Rear fenders will need to be shortened by almost a foot.

Liked 121 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's coming along great. Is Justin still asleep??! Lol
    I will wheel more, travel more, smoke less, drink less, live more

76 CJ7, 4link F&R, FOA, Full hydro, 350, 700r4, atlas 4.3, 60 /14, 5:13's, 43 SX on Trailreadys

ZukiKrawlers.com
    Rockkrawler.org

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I guess I could update this thread. It is coming along. Engine, tranny and t-case are in. Rear fenders and tailgate are done minus grinding the welds down and final body work before paint. Only hard part left is getting the hood to fit right and still tilt forward like the stock hood did. Will try to post some pics next weekend.

Liked 121 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cool... Keep the updates and pics a coming...
    I will wheel more, travel more, smoke less, drink less, live more

76 CJ7, 4link F&R, FOA, Full hydro, 350, 700r4, atlas 4.3, 60 /14, 5:13's, 43 SX on Trailreadys

ZukiKrawlers.com
    Rockkrawler.org

Liked 77 Times in 71 Posts
    updates?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    There has been some work done but not much lately. It has the rear fenders and tailgate cut down and most of the sheetmetal work done on the inside. I will see if I can find some pics and post them later. We have both been busy and haven't had much time to mess with it. I know he has been wanting to get back on it once everything slows down.
    Last edited by 87zuk; 05-02-2016 at 09:39 AM.